Sport has become a part of our lifestyle nowadays, with most people indulging in one sports or another. Sports also has one of the biggest fan bases, and this can be witnessed whenever there are any big games, such as the Olympics, or city marathons. Many people struggle to create memories from these sporting events, and one of the best ways of doing this is through photography. The only catch is that not everyone is familiar with sports photography, and the images might not come out as they had hoped. In this article, we are going to look at some sports photography tips for beginners.
Have a lens or zoom range that is AT LEAST 200mm
If you intend to get close to the action without having to zoom in, it is recommended that you get a lens or zoom range that is at least 200mm.
Do NOT use full automatic mode
Many amateur photographers forget and set their cameras to the automatic mode, or a pre-mode labelled “sports” or “action”, and this is a big mistake. A semi-manual mode will work much better.
Use a fast shutter speed
In sports, there is always movement, and in order to catch those movements, you would need to have a camera with a fast shutter speed. It is recommended to have a shutter speed of at 1/500th of a second is required to freeze movement. Try not to go below 1/500th of a second.
Watch your ISO
Shutter speed is very important in capturing those movements, and to determine the correct exposure, you would need the aperture, shutter speed, and ISO. The ISO should be set manually when you’re shooting in semi-manual modes like aperture priority or shutter priority, and the ISO is set considering the location, time and conditions. Bright times would require lower ISO’s such as 400, while darker situations higher ISO’s ranging from 800 to 1200.
The Best Swimming Goggles
Swimming is one of those sporting events that can be captured on film, and as a photographer you would have to be very keen in order to capture those moments. We will now feature swimming, and specifically review swimming goggles as we try and determine the best swim goggles.
U-FIT Performance Swimming Goggles
The U-FIT performance swimming goggles are coated with the most advanced anti fog serum, which prevents water condensation inside the goggles, making them anti-fog goggles. They provide 100% UV protection, and also come with a Quick Release Strap.
- Latest in anti-fog goggle technology
- Full wide range vision
- 100% U.V. protection
- Smart fit with soft silicone to mold to face size
- Crystal clear vision
- Easy, quick release head strap
- Adjustable to fit most sizes
- Double layer silicone seal to prevent water leaking
- Latex free
Speedo Vanquisher 2.0 Mirrored Swim Goggle
These latex free, soft silicone eye seals feature two-tone silicone double head strap and ergonomic adjustable clip. They have mirrored lens coating that reduces the glare, three interchangeable nose pieces, UV protection, and anti-fog. They are also100% PVC free.
- Top selling performance and training goggle provides a sleek, snug, low profile inner eye fit
- Anti-fog coating prevents the condensation of water
- Includes 4 interchangeable nosepieces for a custom precision fit
- UV protected lenses block the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored lens helps reduce glare
SealBuddy Panoramic Premium Swim Gear
Featuring silicone gaskets that are soft and generously sized to fit very comfortably on most face shapes with low impact on the eyes and guaranteed not to leak, these goggles offer 100% UV protection and anti-fog, and quality shatter resistant lens. They come with a high quality silicone cap that is specially made for longer haired swimmers. 100% money back guarantee assures you of the quality.
- Anti-fogging technology.
- Shatterproof, with a sleek look and feel.
- Blocks both UVA and B radiation.
- The lens is made with premium PVC for shock resistance.
- Durable nose clips, earplugs, and a swim cap. These accessories are also made from non-toxic materials.
Aqua Sphere Kayenne Swim Goggle
These goggles come with oversized lenses with patented curved lens technology for an expanded view of 180-degrees. They also feature an updated one-touch buckle for easier fitting, Aqua Sphere’s standard UV protection, leak resistance, anti-fog and scratch resistant lenses, and silicone straps for comfort and durability.
- Blue lenses for an optimal field of vision and considerably minimized glare
- Ideal for outdoor swimming.
- The frame of the goggles is made from non-toxic Softeril
- Offers 100% UV protection
Goage Swimming Goggles for Adult Men
These goggles feature anti-fogging lenses, ergonomic silicone earplugs, and a nose clip.
- Free swim cap, protective case, nose clip, and ear plugs
- Patented technology: Shatter proof, anti-fog, UV protection, coated lens long lasting clarity
- No leaking, ergonomic completely sealed silicone protective circle design prevent water from entering your goggles
- Comfortable, headband is made of soft and elastic silicon, adjustable headband, easy quick release design
- 100% customer satisfaction guaranteed or full refund
By following the tips above, and with sufficient practice, anyone can perfect their sports photography skills and make killer photos. Mentorship from experienced photographers could also help a lot.